Water efficiency measures
Target 155 is one of the water efficiency measures that is helping secure water for Melburnians.
- Permanent water use rules encourage common sense water use even when water restrictions are not in place.
- Melbourne's desalination plant will deliver 50GL of desalinated water which will go part of the way to securing our water supplies for 2016/2017.
- Melbourne's water businesses are working directly with communities to develop Urban Water Strategies that integrate the future water management needs of Victoria and local communities.
- Recycled water is being supplied to homes across Melbourne's fringe suburbs, helping reduce pressure on supplies.
- The Victorian Government's water plan, Water for Victoria is engaging with the wider community in longer term planning for the management of water to support a healthy environment, a prosperous economy and thriving communities.
- Water sustainability programs are available for our schools including the Schools Water Efficiency Program (SWEP).